Saturday, August 2, 2014

Laura Beth's Adventures

Day 1:




                My name is Laura Beth or at least it is now.  That is not the name my birth parents gave me mind you, but that is the name “daddy” choose for me and this is my story.  It started in my freshman year at UIA.  It was the first Thursday of classes and my only afternoon class was Chemistry Lab.  As soon as I entered the room, I noticed the Grad assistant.  How could I not?  She was sitting there at the side of the room her hair was so long it was almost reaching her butt.  It was very dark but when the light hit it just right you could tell it was not black just a very dark brown and accented her beautifully tan skin.  Her hair framed her face perfectly.  She had such a cute and innocent look when she looks up at me as I entered.  She smiled and I thought I was going to melt.  I was going to enjoy this class!  I just hope I wasn’t too distracted that I got a bad grade.

 

                Oh, how I wanted to go up and talk to her after class but I was just too shy and could not bring myself to approach such an angel.  Back at my dorm in my fantasies, things went differently.  I was confident and smooth and just swept her off her feet.  I dreamed of her almost nightly and whenever I was walking through campus, or setting in the food court, I would constantly scan everybody there hoping to have the pleasure of just watching her walk pass.  It would be a delicious bonus getting extra time to admire her.  Sadly, however it would not be until almost mid-term before I even learn her name.  I was mostly keeping up during the lectures, at least the week before the mid-term exam, when the professor started going right over my head.  With the test worth forty percent of my final grade coming up I was starting to get a little nervous.  At the end of lab that week, however the nameless beauty got up in front of the class and said she was offering private tutoring to help up prepare for the big test.  Sure, I was still extremely shy but I knew I needed help if I was going to get a good grade.  I swallowed my tongue and signed up.  I am not sure I slept at all that night, nor the next, anxious about actually getting some one-on-one time with her Saturday after lunch.

 

                The day finally came.  I am not sure how I have made it.  Sure, it has only been 2 days but I have hardly slept and eat I just watch the clock as the seconds ticked by ever so slowly until 2:15 finally came and I was sitting there in the library waiting for her.  I have been there sitting/waiting already but when 2:15 came and passed and she wasn’t there, my heart just sank.  2:16 2:17 came and passed.  I started to panic not only was I missing out on my one-on-one time but if she never showed how was I ever going to pass this test!  I could see myself flunking out of school and having to return home in disgrace.  As I dreaded what would become of me I had stopped paying attention to what was going on around me in the real world. She came in sit down across from me and asked if I was okay, as I looked, spaced out.  I nearly jumped out of my skin, as I was brought back to reality!  She suppressed a giggle from scaring me, apologized for being late while extending her hand saying, “I don’t think we ever officially meet, I’m Jami”

 

                As I touched her hand to shake it, I felt her skin, so incredibly soft, yet it was me who seemed too melted.  I quickly realized however, that all of the other conversations I have had with her were just in my mind and she had no clue who I was other than some student in Dr. Letts’ class.  I would like to say I was smooth and confident, like when I fantasized about this moment, but I wasn’t I was just as shy as ever and I could feel my face burning red the whole time as we got into the books studying.   She was amazing as a tutor and I started to understand everything Dr. Letts had been saying in the lectures.

 

                The day of the test came I was feeling pretty good except for the fact the because of the test there was no lab that week.  Now that I knew her name, my fantasies of Jami only grew more and more intense.  I was able to focus on my schoolwork however and as soon as the test results were posted Monday morning, I was there to see how I did.  I got a B+ not the A I was hoping for but hey I only needed at least a C to move on, so I was happy.  Thursday came around again and I was heading to chemistry lab big smile on my face so thankful for Jami’s help and hoping I have the guts to talk to her after class and tell her so.  As soon as I sit down however Jami came bouncing up to me congratulating me for the B+.  As the semester went along she continued to tutor me, I was able to loosen up some and we became good friends.  After finals (which I passed with flying colors solely because of Jami’s help), we went our separate ways for the holidays.  When we got back however, we kept in touch throughout the spring semester she wasn’t really tutoring me anymore we were actual friends!  I knew I could, and often did, go to her if I had any questions about any subject in school but mainly our friendship grew to the point that I would go over to her house just off campus often on weekend and just hang out.

 

One thing we never talked about however, was relationships.  In my mind, we were dating but I could tell fantasy from reality and knew, or at least thought, that would never happen in real life.  I was just too nerdy and shy to ever let her know how I really felt.  That is way I was so caught off guard one night when she made that move that changed our relationship forever and lead to where I am today.
End Chapter 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment